It’s Avengers Week! Seven shield slinging, hammer swinging, repulsor ray blasting, HULK smashing, arrow firing and guns blazing days in honor of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, who will be making their big screen debut (as a team) on Friday.
But before you can go any further we need to determine if you are worthy of joining this August body. Which naturally means there’s a test. Grab a No. 2 pencil and then put it away, because you can’t really write on a computer screen.
Note: All answers relate to current continuity Avengers comic book history. None of that What If? nonsense or alternate universes or future timeline business.
(a) Thor (b) Iron Man (c) Captain America (d) Ant Man (e) Wasp (f) HULK
2. What villain brought the Avengers together?
(a) Loki (b) Dr. Doom (c) Red Skull (d) Kang the Conqueror
3. Who came up with the name ‘The Avengers’ ?
(a) Thor (b) Iron Man (c) Captain America (d) Wasp (e) Nick Fury
4. How long did HULK stay with The Avengers?
(a) 2 issues (b) 12 issues (c) 30 issues (d) 50 issues
(a) Ant Man (b) Giant Man (c) Goliath (d) Yellowjacket (e) Dr. Pym, scientific adventurer (f) Wasp (g) The Hornet
6. Odin is to Thor as _______ is to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
7. Which member of the Fantastic Four is not also an Avenger?
(a) Mr. Fantastic (b) Invisible Woman (c) Human Torch (d) Thing
8. Which member of the X-Men is not also an Avenger?
(a) Beast (b) Cyclops (c) Storm (d) Wolverine
9. Which member of the Defenders is not also an Avenger?
(a) HULK (b) Dr. Strange (c) Silver Surfer (d) Namor the Sub-Mariner
(a) Superman (b) Batman (c) Wonder Woman (d) Green Lantern
11. True/False: Spider-Man is an Avenger.
12. Who is The Avengers’ butler?
(a) Alfred Pennyworth (b) Edwin Jarvis (c) Benson DuBois (d) Carson
13. Which Hulk has not been an Avenger?
(a) HULK (b) She-Hulk (c) Red Hulk (d) Red She-Hulk (e) Skar, Son of Hulk
14. The Vision is a …
(a) mutant (b) robot (c) android (d) synthezoid
15. Who first uttered the battle cry “Avengers Assemble” ?
(a) Thor (b) Captain America (c) Iron Man (d) Wasp (e) Giant Man
(a) Wasp (Janet, not Hank) (b) Black Widow (c) Scarlet Witch (d) Mockingbird (e) Echo (f) Spider-Woman
17. Which Avengers villain suffers from a serious Oedipal Complex?
(a) Kang (b) Ultron (c) Zemo (d) Thanos
18. Loki is to Thor as __________ is to Wonder Man.
19. Yellowjacket and the Wasp’s wedding was disrupted by
(a) The Masters of Evil (b) The Circus of Crime (c) The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (d) The Wrecking Crew
20. S.H.I.E.L.D. stands for
(a) Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division (b) Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate (c) Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division (d) all of the above (e) none of the above